A popular tradition in the Lincoln Santa Fun RunCompetitors is the “Doggy Dash”. Dogs and well behaved owners are once again welcome. You can enter your pet canine for a small donation although as a human you will have to pay to register. Please bring your dog dressed for the occasion.
Dogs (and their owners) should join the start in Castle Square at the back. This is for safety reasons.
We do require that dog owners/handlers follow a few basic rules
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up any ‘mess’ that their dog makes. Bring a supply of doggy’ poo bags’ with you on the day. (if you forget we will have a supply free to take at our marquee on the day). Sadly a few dog owners at our last event in 2023 ignored this requirement. It is important failure to do so could result in all dogs being banned from future Lincoln Santa Fun Runs.
- Dog owners/handlers must have purchased a valid entry to the event.
- No more that two dogs per owner/handler taking part is permitted
- Dogs are NOT PERMITTED inside the grounds of Lincoln Castle.
- Banned dogs (defined under the Dangerous Dogs Act) even with a Certificate of Exemption are not permitted in the event.