If you have no fundraising experience don’t worry, we’re on hand to advise and help you and if you follow these tips you’ll soon reach your target.To help us achieve this we ask that in addition to your £10 entry fee each adult or family group aims to fundraise through sponsorship at least £20.16 for the 2016 Lincoln Santa Fun Run & Walk.
- Always start your form with your best sponsors - this sets the trend. A £5 or £10 donation is a good prompt for following donors
- Don’t forget your donations can be increased by asking people to Gift Aid their donations. We can claim an extra 25p for every eligible £1.00 donated. Check the sponsor form for details
- Collect any pledges straight away. Most people won’t mind you asking for their money there and then - if you don’t see people regularly, just ask them to make a donation. This will save you waiting for their money
- Take your sponsorship form with you everywhere you go! To work, the gym, to school. Ask everyone
- Set yourself a target. Tell everyone how much you hope to raise. They will be keen to help you reach your goal
- Setup your own online sponsorship page with VirginMoneyGiving and share this with friends, family and work colleagues through email, Facebook, Twitter, online company newsletters and intranets etc. This makes fundraising and giving easy for you and giving easy for your sponsors who can make their donations online using credit and debit cards. Gift Aid is all manged through this service too. Click here to find out more.
- Use e-mail, pigeon holes and internal mail to tell them what you’re doing. Don’t forget to ask your employers - some companies will match the donations you raise. This is tax efficient for them and a great way of doubling what you raise
- If you have a company newsletter why not ask if you can highlight your challenge in there. Ask your personnel department if they can put a message on everyone’s wage slip about your challenge
- Ask people to sponsor you on their pay day. This is the best time to ask for a donation. Hold a Fundraising Event at work such as a raffle or coffee morning
- Remember to be happy about your challenge. If you are confident about it then your enthusiasm will encourage others to help and support you
- Please remember to return the sponsorship form (or a copy of it) with your sponsor money or we can’t claim the Gift Aid
- You are doing something extremely worthwhile. Please don’t sell your efforts short. These charities would not be able to continue their vital work without the support of the essential voluntary income you raise by holding sponsored events
On-line Sponsorship Forms
We have linked our Santa Fun Run & Walk event with the VirginMoneyGiving website. You can use this to setup your own online sponsorship form which you can share with friends and colleagues through Facebook, Instagram and Email. It also allows your sponsors to pay using credit and debit cards and all your gift aid is managed automatically. All donations go directly to the Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia who manage the allocations to individual charities, so you dont need to handle any cash.
Just follow these easy steps to set up your own online sponsorship page
1. Register your place on the 2016 Lincoln Santa Fun Run
2. Click here to open the Lincoln Santa Fun Run event in VirginMoneyGiving
3. You will now see the Start Fundraising page with University of Lincoln Santa Fun Run & Walk 2016 shown as the selected charity event
4. You can now enter the target amount you wish to raise £ (or leave blank)
5. For the question “has your charity contributed to the cost of your event ?” answer No
6. You'll see here you can also set this up as a joint fundraising page if you want to do this as a team
7. Click Next and you will now be asked to sign in or register with www.VirginMoneyGiving.com
8. Finally The last page is your own to create and design - make it as simple or as fancy as you wish– enjoy.
Santa Run Time11th December 2016 at 11:30 -137 days : -5 hrs : -3 mins : -1s
Lincoln Santa Run 2016
2016 big targetTotal raised so far: £47,095 Our aim £100,000 Raised for local Lincolnshire charities
RT @thelincolnite: We're here supporting the Rotary Club of Lincoln Colonia as they present money raised from the 2016 Lincoln Santa Fun Ru…
RT @big_chainring: This could form the basis of next years @LincolnSantaRun "Sleigh",just need to liberate it from the local garden centre…
RT @DroneManUK: Here is our video of the 2016 11th @LincolnSantaRun & Walk. Always a great event to film with @SimonYBTV https://t.co/iLI…